Welcome back to the Friday 5! During each segment of this meme- I intend to share with you 5 posts that I have read over the past week that have me “wired, fired, and freakin’ inspired!” (Thank you Nancy Blackwell for the quote). They may be new or old…. but are posts that I have come across that definitely deserve your attention to hop on over and check out!
If I opt to share your post and what I love about it, and you’d like to grab my button- you’re welcome to do so! AND if you decided you want to join in on the fun….. Please add any posts that you found especially inspiring this week in the comments. (Please keep this to posts that you have read, not posts that you have written . )
HERE GOES…. (in no particular order......)
1) How to Make Better Teachers. Teacher Tom has a way with words, and I am rarely disappointed when I hop on over to read his blog. This post is no exception. I haven't had the time to read all of the supporting links he cites yet, but I plan to. What do you think we need to do to create better teachers?
2) DIY Natural Geoboard. You know we love incorporating DIY around here, and this lovely Geoboard is made on a wooden cookie (tree board) ! HOW COOL is that! Hop on over to Fairy Dust Teaching to check it out!
3) Elephant Toothpaste by Teach Preschool. I have seen this experiment online many times, and we have yet to try it! It has been on the "to do" list for awhile. After looking at the photos and descriptions, I put the supplies on the shopping list for next week!
4) Shaving Cream on the Windows from Play Create Explore. This is AWESOME! We play with shaving cream all the time, why have I never thought of this? Hop on over and check it out!
5) Making Instruments from Playfully Learning. I LOVE the xylophones from wood and kick plates!!!
I hope you enjoyed my reading picks from this week :).
I'm hoping that this meme will help me keep up with my blog reading!
Have you read any inspiring posts this week? I'd love to hear about them!